What Do I Need to Know?
We want to get to know you and understand how Ananda College can serve your educational needs best. We ask that you: complete our online application (which can also be downloaded into Adobe Acrobat PDF or Word), write a 4-5 page essay (see step 2 below for essay instructions), provide two personal references, educational transcripts, and complete a medical questionnaire. A $75, non-refundable application fee must be paid online or sent in with your paperwork.
Ananda College offers a unique student life experience in cooperative communities with a focus on daily meditation or spiritual practice. In-person meetings are always helpful for those serious about applying to Ananda College. Private tours to see the campus and meet both students and faculty can be arranged by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or calling us at the office, 503-985-0030.
Early application to Ananda College is strongly advised for the best student experience, especially for those seeking financial assistance through our work-study programs or scholarships. The application deadline for Fall term enrollment is April 15th. Prospective students will receive admissions letters by May 1st. Accepted students should confirm their intention to attend Ananda College by May 15th accompanied by a $300* non-refundable deposit to hold their place. If you are interested in applying for admissions to the Spring term, please contact us first for information on space availability.
*The $300 deposit is applied towards tuition total
How to apply:
Read our course catalogue to become familiar with the College’s program offerings.
- Apply through our online portal or download the Ananda College of Living Wisdom Admissions Application as either an Adobe PDF or a Word Document.
- Please write and upload a 4-5 page essay (or email it to admissions@anandauniversity.
org) which helps us learn about you and how to best serve your educational needs, by answering the following questions:
• Tell us about yourself and what has been important in your life.
• Explain why you want to attend Ananda College.
• Please share the details of a significant spiritual experience, turning point, or achievement in your life.
• What personal perspectives, characteristics, life experiences, or talents do you possess that will contribute to the College’s educational and residential community?
• What is your background and experience with yoga and/or meditation?
• The College has a no drug or alcohol policy. What are your thoughts about this?
• Tell us what you have learned from your volunteer or service projects.
• What do you currently feel is your purpose in life?
• Share and evaluate a significant risk you have taken or a moral dilemma you have faced.
• How do you think Ananda College can support or contribute to your career and higher education goals?
- A $75, non-refundable application fee must be paid online or sent in with your paperwork.
- All students must provide official transcripts of prior education (new undergrads please provide high school transcripts; transferring students please obtain prior institution transcripts).
- If you are applying for financial aid or scholarships, you must complete the financial aid application.
- Plan to schedule a visit, tour or personal interview by contacting us at 503-985-0030.
- If you are not able to use the online application, please print your forms (handwritten applications are accepted, provided information is printed clearly and legibly) and mail your information along with the $75 application fee to:
Ananda College, Attn: Admissions
38950 SW Laurelwood Road
Gaston, OR 97119 USA
Letters of recommendation should be mailed in a clearly sealed envelope to the above address as well.
Please feel free to contact email@example.com regarding any questions on the application, forms, or enrollment process. Visit our frequently asked questions to see what others are asking. Thank you!